A 3-day experience in one of the most beautiful National Reserves in Peru
Go Piranha fishing on the Amazon River
Enjoy the night time excursions and spend the night at a typical village lodge
ONLINE BOOKING IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE ON FINDLOCALTRIPS.COM FOR TOURS IN PERU, ALL OTHER TOURS ARE AVAILABLE TO BOOK HERE ONLINE. PLEASE CONTACT THE OPERATOR DIRECTLY TO RESERVE YOUR TOUR AND MENTION FINDLOCALTRIPS.COM SENDING THEM A LINK TO THIS PAGE TO ENSURE YOU GET THE BEST PRICE AS SHOWN HERE.
All year round
3 days/2 nights
Iquitos hotel/hostel or airport pickup
Iquitos hotel/hostel or airport drop off
ONLINE BOOKING NOT AVAILABLE
For those who want to discover the rainforest and its people in a short period of time: Explore the Amazon in just 3 days! Start in the city of Iquitos, navigate the Yarapa River, hike, canoe and explore. Go fishing for piranhas, experience night time excursions, and stay overnight in a typical village house.
- 7:30am Departure from the hotel or the Amazon Explorer office
- Mini-bus from Iquitos to Nauta (1.5 hrs)
- Motorboat from Nauta to the Yarapa River (3 hrs)
- Hiking (30 min)
- Canoeing and wildlife exploring
- Nocturnal excursion
- Accommodation: Overnight in a typical village house
- River navigating by motorboat (2 hrs)
- Fishing for Piranhas (Serrasalmus nattereri)
- Exploration hikes
- Identification of medicinal plants.
- Drinking water from forest vines “Soga de agua”
- Return by motorboat to the village
- Nocturnal exploration to observe wildlife
- Overnight in a typical village house
- Buying handicrafts (optional)
- Return hiking (30 min)
- Motorboat back to Nauta (3 hrs)
- Mini-bus from Nauta to Iquitos (1.5 hrs)
- 7:00pm Arrival to Iquitos city
IMPORTANT: Amazon Explorer reserves the right to change or amend the activities listed in this itinerary. Not often - but occasionally - some element of the tour cannot take place due to weather conditions or due to water levels of the rivers.
- Transfer from Iquitos airport
- Land and river transportation as included in the itinerary
- Private boat
- All meals provided for the duration of the trip
- Purified water
- Native guides and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader
Materials: Mosquito nets, sheets, sleeping pad, and rubber boots
Amazon Explorer provides financial support for the village
- Airplane tickets to Iquitos (usually from Lima or Cusco)
- Accommodation in Iquitos
- Mosquito repellent (very important)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and swimwear
- Personal first aid kit
- Use shoes, comfortable shoes or rubber boots for walking
- Wear a hat or cap
- A flashlight (with spare batteries) to locate alligators at night
- Use light clothing with long sleeves and long pants/trousers
- A camera
Cancellation or changes of this tour:
CHANGES: It is FREE to change the tour date before 6:00 pm (Lima time) 8 days before the tour begins.
NO SHOW & CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel before 6:00 pm (Lima time) 16 days before the tour begins, a 10% administration fee will apply. After this time, there is a 100% no show or cancellation fee.
Please email email@example.com to cancel this tour or make any changes.
I can’t find my accommodation listed in the operator pick up locations as I’m making my booking. What should I select?
This operator only offers pick-ups from the hotel and hostel accommodation listed, this covers over 90% of the accommodation providers in the area. They do not provide pick-ups or drop-offs at private residences, Airbnbs, bus terminals etc. Select an alternative close by and be ready there for pick-up at the time on your booking confirmation.
What should I bring to the Amazon?
You should bring: Sunscreen, sunglasses, swimwear, comfortable shoes, trainers or boots, a hat for the sun, a flashlight (with spare batteries) to locate alligators at night, light clothing with long sleeves and long pants/trousers, and insect repellent.