Works on a tips-only basis, you only pay as much as you feel the tour deserves!
Our guides will teach you about the history and culture of Valparaiso
Free Tour Santiago is Chile's number one walking tour company
ONLINE BOOKING IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE ON FINDLOCALTRIPS.COM FOR TOURS IN CHILE DUE TO REGULATIONS ON TICKET SALES, MOST OTHER TOURS ARE AVAILABLE TO BOOK HERE ONLINE. OUR CHILE TOURS WILL BE AVAILABLE VERY SOON. PLEASE CHECK OUT THE INFORMATION BELOW FOR MORE TOUR DETAILS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND CHECK BACK SOON.
All year round
3 hours 30 minutes
Plaza Anibal Pinto
FREE TOUR SANTIAGO
ONLINE BOOKING NOT AVAILABLE
With our free tour, you will discover Valparaiso: its enchanting hills, typical elevators, picturesque paintings, magnificent bay views, and the incredible colourful houses and architecture. We will show you the highlights of Valparaiso, through our unique style of combining history with pure entertainment, which has made us the most popular walking tour company in Chile. We want everyone - regardless of their budget - to experience Valparaiso, and that’s why we work on a tips-only basis. This means our guides always give you their best.
Meeting point at Plaza Anibal Pinto
Walk past and see: Aníbal Pinto Square, Reina Victoria Elevator, Gervasoni Boulevard, El Peral Elevator, the Monument to the Heroes of Iquique, Serrano street - Cordillera Elevator, Sotomayor Square, Urriola and Prat streets, and more
We will walk past the following places, there is no need to pay:
- Plaza Aníbal Pinto (Aníbal Pinto Square)
- Ascensor Reina Victoria (Reina Victoria Elevator)
- Paseo Gervasoni (Gervasoni Boulevard)
- Paseo Atkinson (Atkinson Boulevard)
- Diario El Mercurio (El Mercurio Newspaper Building)
- Reloj Turri (Turri Clock)
- Ascensor El Peral (El Peral Elevator)
- Paseo Yugoslavo - Palacio Baburizza (Yugoslavo Boulevard - Baburizza Palace)
- Casa Crucero - Pasaje Bavestrello (Cruiser House - Bavestrello Alley)
- Calles Urriola - Prat (Urriola and Prat streets)
- Plaza Sotomayor (Sotomayor Square)
- Calle Serrano - Ascensor Cordillera (Serrano street - Cordillera Elevator)
- Monumento a los Héroes de Iquique (the Monument to the Heroes of Iquique)
- Muelle Prat (Prat Dock)
- Tips for the guides
How to recognize our Tour Guides:
Just look for our guides wearing a red FREE TOUR T-shirt.
Cost: This tour is free to take, and you get to decide what, if anything, the tour was worth when it’s done. A name-your-own-price tour is a tour for every budget.
There is no cancellation policy.
What should I bring to the tour?
Wear comfortable shoes, and bring a bottle of water, sunscreen and sunglasses, a camera, and some warm clothes, as the weather can always change.
Is this walking tour really for free?
This tour is free to take, and you get to decide what, if anything, the tour was worth when it’s done. A name-your-own-price tour is a tour for every budget.
Do the tours ever get cancelled due to the weather?
The show must go on! Our tours go out rain or shine, so dress appropriately for the weather conditions, and wear comfortable walking shoes. If the weather isn’t good, your guide will include as many “bad weather” indoor stops as possible. However, in the case of extreme weather, then Free Tour Santiago will cancel or postpone the tour. Please contact us or check our website for updates.