Perfect for those who are short of time but still want to walk the path of the Incas
Enjoy and witness the highlights and sites of the Inca Trail
Professional, bilingual tour guide sharing their knowledge of the Inca culture
In these two days we will travel the hiking trail: a path that is more than 500 years old. On the walk we will appreciate a Unique environment and our steps will take us to the Wiñaywayna Archaeological Zone and Puerta del Sol.
All year round
Cusco hotel and hostel pick up
Plaza San Francisco and Avenida del Sol
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
Our transfer will pick you up at your accommodation in Cusco at 4:00 am with a minibus and we will head to the Ollantaytambo train station. From there we will take the 6:10 train that will take us to Km 104. Upon arrival, we visit the archaeological sites of Chachabamba at 2250 masl. Here agricultural products from other areas where collected to be brought to Machu Picchu. Then we begin our walk towards Wiñaywayna Archaeological Zone. It is at 2600 meters of altitude and is believed to be the home of the ancient priests of Machu Picchu.
On the way we have beautiful views of the Urubamba river and the chances are many to see different kinds of the famous orchid family. We turn around the last corner and have the amazing Wiñay Wayna. We stop to make a visit to this interesting and important Inca site. 10 minutes more walking and we are at the “Trekker’s lodge”, where we will take our lunch, if not already eaten.
In the afternoon we walk the last hours towards Machu Picchu and see from distance in the beautiful afternoon sun before continuing down to Aguas Calientes. We spend the night in this beautiful town.
• Meal: Lunch, dinner
•Transfer by Bus to Ollantaytambo: 2 hours by transport from Cusco approx.
• Transfer by train to Km 104:1:45 minutes from Ollantaytambo approximately.
• Walking distance: 5 km approximately from km 104 to Wiñay Wayna.
• Walking distance: 4 hours from Km 104 to Wiñay Wayna.
• Climate: temperate.
• Maximum altitude: 2.700 meters.
• Minimum altitude: 2.050 meters.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Very early we leave Aguas Calientes to reach Machu Picchu in the hours before the main group of visitors arrives. Going up by bus we get the first glance of Machu Picchu between the mountains on its saddle high over the Urubamba River. Upon arrival, we start the guided tour of about 2 hours taking us to the most important areas of Machu Picchu. We will learn about the importance – religiously and historically – of the place, and we will be able to appreciate the fine architecture of the Incas.
After the guided tour you can go to the top of Hayna Picchu, from where one has a good overview of the whole area and the full site of Machu Picchu. Another possibility is to visit the beautiful temple of the moon. In the afternoon we meet in Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Cusco (close to Plaza San Francisco and Avenida del Sol)
• Meal: Breakfast
• Distance traveled: Approximately 9 km/6.1 miles
• Transfer to Machu Picchu: 25 minutes by Bus from Aguas Calientes.
• Transfer to Cusco: 3 hours by train and bus from Aguas Calientes.
• Walking distance: 1:20 minutes from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
• Guided visit to Machu Picchu: 2.5 hours
• Climate: Hot Tropical.
• Maximum altitude: 2450 meters.
• Minimum altitude: 2050 meters.
- Inca Trail Tour Informative presentation at our Cusco office
- Transfer from hotel to train station the first day
- Expedition train ticket to head of trail (104 Km.)
- English/Spanish speaker professional guide during all Inca Trail
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu and the ruins along the trail.
- 01 bus round trip ticket Aguas Calientes/Machupicchu/Aguas Calientes
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner)
- Expedition train ticket Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from the train station to downtown Cusco
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes
- Tips and gratuities
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu, only if booked at least three months prior ( $70)
- 1 lightweight backpack per person
- Sweater and thick jacket, long and short pants, long sleeve shirts
- Personal care items
- Sunblock with a UV minimum 40
- Walking shoes or tennis Shoes
- Insect repellent
- Hat or cap
- Bottle of water
- Toilet paper
- Camera with extra batteries and memory card
- Cash (Soles)
Cancellation or changes to this tour:
Once booked it is not possible to make changes or cancel this tour.
This is one of the most sought-after tours in the world. The strict policies on entry tickets, trail permits, and train tickets mean under no circumstances if it possible to offer a refund or name change on this tour.