Enjoy a beautiful and colourful journey climbing the 5th highest mountain in Peru
Experience breathtaking landscapes on this full day trek
Bilingual guides with years of experience
Rainbow Mountain, a wonderful natural landscape, located at 5020 meters above sea level, in the community of Vinincunca to the south of Cusco, It takes the name of rainbow mountain thanks to the colors it possesses, a magical place surrounded by mountains and glaciers Never seen before, come and be part of this adventure, Vinincunca awaits you!
All year round
Cusco Hotel and Hostel Pickup
San Francisco Square
KANTU PERU TOURS
13 people approx
Minimum age: 8 years old – Must have parents permission
Maximum age: 60 years old (recommended)
We will pick you up from your hotel from 4:00 to 4:40 in the morning, to start our great adventure in the direction of the Rainbow Mountain. We will travel by bus for 3 hours in our tourist transport until arriving in the community Cusipata where we will have a delicious breakfast before to continue with the dirty road for 30 minutes more, during the trip, we will be able to observe beautiful landscapes, canyons and beautiful glaciers as The Ausangate. After walking for 1.5 hours we will arrive at our destination, Rainbow Mountain (5.020m / 16.466 ft.), Where we will have free time to enjoy the beauty of the mountain, take pictures, enjoy a snack or just relax. After enjoying the rainbow mountain, we will start the walk back to the community of Cusipata where we will have a delicious lunch and then return to the imperial city of Cusco. Ending our tour, we will return to Cusco where our transportation will take us to the city center (4:30 pm approx) or if it is in private service, to your respective hotel.
- If you are staying at a different location than the one you select as your pick up location, it is explicitly your responsibility to be at the main entrance of the hotel or hostel selected as your pick up location for the duration of the pickup time range on your tour date. You must be in a visible place easy to see for the operator and be alert for their vehicle/guide when they go to pick you up for the tour.
- Please be aware that February is the month of the year with the highest amount of rainfall in the Cusco region. During this month visibility can be limited on the mountain and in extreme cases the tour may have to be canceled.
04:00 - 04:40
Pick up from your hotel or hostel
04:40 - 07:30
Start the tour and then take a Breakfast in Quesiouno community
07:30 - 12:00
Walking to the Rainbow Mountain
16:00 - 16:30
End the tour
- Professional guides (Spanish and English)
- Entrance to the National park
- Tourist Transportation and Professional Driver
- Pick up from your hotel
- Breakfast and Lunch
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen
- Vegetarian option
- Entrance to Cusipata S/5 soles or 1.50 USD (mandatory)
- Red Valley 20 soles ($7 approx) per person (optional)
- Extra horse 30.00 USD approx
- Walking poles (pair) 5.00 USD
- Any other service otherwise not mentioned, such as tips
- Original documents / passports.
- Entrance tickets or money in local currency and in cash to buy the tickets.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho if your visit is between the months of October to March.
- Comfortable slippers for the walk (or the most comfortable you have to walk with a thick plant the path is stony).
- Small backpack (Snack, cookies, etc.).
- Water Light clothing, warm clothes, gloves, scarf, jacket/windbreaker.
- Sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses, sun hat.
- Walking stick.
- Camera and extra batteries.
Cancellation or changes to this tour:
CHANGES: Any changes to the tour date needs to be done before 4:00 pm (Lima time) 2 days before the tour begins
NO SHOWS & CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 2 days prior to the tour before 4:00 pm (Lima time) or earlier, a 10% administration fee (+ the card fee). After this time, there is a 100% no-show or cancellation fee.
You must email firstname.lastname@example.org (include the name of the tour and the reservation number) to cancel this tour or to make any changes.
I cannot find my accommodation listed in the operator pick up locations as I make my booking. What can I select?
This operator only offers pick-ups from the hotel and hostel accommodation listed, this covers over 90% of the accommodation providers in the area. They do not provide pick-ups or drop-offs at private residences, Airbnbs, bus terminals etc. Select an alternative close by and be ready there for pick-up at the time on your booking confirmation
What kind of clothes should I wear?
The type of clothing you should wear, is basically light clothing, which allows you to move comfortably through all the attractions because sometimes you have to climb stairs. It is also recommended to wear warm clothes, because it is cold in the afternoon or it can rain.
Will I have problems with altitude sickness on this tour?
Altitude sickness can catch many travellers a little bit off guard. Not everyone gets sick in high altitudes and it is difficult to predict who is likely to be badly affected by it. For most people it is nothing more than a headache and some dizzy sensations that diminishes over a short period of time. 1 to 2 days for most people. If you want to limit your chances of getting sick though, there are a few things you can do. Firstly, do not fly directly into high altitude proceed slowly allowing your body time to acclimatise as you ascend gradually. However, for many that is not possible so further steps to take: Drink lots of water and slow down!! This sounds simple but both of these things are very important. Your body is struggling because you don’t have enough oxygen so avoiding any strenuous activity is a good idea. Chew some Coca leaves, the native people of South America have been chewing coca for centuries thanks to its ability to alleviate mild altitude sickness symptoms. Coca leaves can be bought in any supermarket and even souvenir shops or street stalls. Take (Soroche) Altitude Sickness pills these are sold over the counter all over Peru and Bolivia and are just a few dollars. If you are flying straight into altitude over 2500meters, without spending any time at an intermediate elevation and you’re worried about getting sick, you can ask your doctor for more specific and stronger altitude sickness medication in advance. In the rare case that you symptoms are more severe than a headache and mild dizziness you should seek to descend in altitude and seek medical assistance.
How physically fit do I need to be?
You should be reasonably fit to undertake the trek. The trek is not particularly steep but at this altitude the gradual climb is difficult.
Why book with FindLocalTrips.com?
Apart from our low price guarantee, with us you can be 100% assured that your booking is made. We provide instant email confirmation and have live spaces and availability for each tour. You are in the capable hands of our team here on the ground of 20 local experts who speak perfect Spanish and English, always ready with a quick response to any and all questions you might have. Tour operators are experts at operating their tours...we are the experts at reservations, organisation and assistance with your plans for these tours.