Discover the Sacred Valley and the local communities on the way to Machu Picchu
Finish the adventure with the anticipated guided visit to Machu Picchu
The top-rated option for Machu Picchu
This Sacred Valley with Machu Picchu 2 day / 1 night tour is one of the most popular activities for those people who want to learn about the Inca Empire and it's sites as much as they can. Spend the last day of the tour visiting the famous Machu Picchu Citadel, made with incredible detail and intelligence, for having been built in a difficult, rugged and inaccessible terrain.
All year round
Cusco hotel and hostel pick-up
San Francisco square
LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS (LESS THAN 4 WEEKS BEFORE THE TOUR DATE):
If you reserve a Machu Picchu tour within 4 weeks of the departure date - there are likely some adjustments we must make to the itinerary so we can help you to secure an entrance to the ruins. We strongly recommend that all travelers book a Machu Picchu tour well in advance (3+ months) to avoid these requirements.
As Machu Picchu tickets sell out in advance, the authorities are currently releasing a very limited number of entrance tickets at the Aguas Calientes ticket office for the next day. To acquire one of these last-minute tickets there is a queue system in Aguas Calientes. We will assist all last-minute reservations with this process.
The circuit you can usually expect to do at Machu Picchu is Circuit 1 or 2. However, this is not a guarantee, there is a small risk Circuit 1 & 2 are sold out even at the Machu Picchu ticket office in which case the traveler would need to pay an additional 48 soles to purchase a Circuit 3 or 4 entrance ticket. We have no way of impacting on that in advance and it will depend on the availability and queue on the day.
Day1: Cusco – Pisac – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
The transfer will pick you up from your hotel at 7:00am - 7:30 am, and after continue until to arrive in the village of Pisac, where we will visit the archaeological centre, and the traditional market and you can buy some local souvenirs. Then we will continue on to Urubamba where we stop for you to have lunch, for then continue to Ollantaytambo, where we will again discover the magnificence of the Incan constructions and the beauty of the local people in their traditional dress. And finally, go to the train station and take the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes. In 1 hour 50 minutes, you will be arriving in Aguas Calientes, where one person will be waiting for you and conduce to the hostel.
• Distance traveled: Approximately 128 kilometers
• Transfer from Cusco: (Pisac) 32 kilometers, (Ollantaytambo) 97 kilometers, (Aguas Calientes) 31 kilometers
• Guided visit to Sacred Valley: 2.5 hours
• Distance traveled by train: Approximately 2 hours from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
• Accommodation: 1 Night
• Optional Activity: Hot Springs of Aguas Calientes
• Climate: Tropical hot
• Maximum altitude: 3,250 m.a.s.l.
• Minimum altitude: 2,700 m.a.s.l.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco city
Early in the morning you will start to walk from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, Once in Machu Picchu our guide will give a guided tour around the Machu Picchu for two hours, You will see the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, etc. after the tour you will have some free time to explore, take pictures, or just walk around the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. Finally, you need to walk back to Aguas Calientes town for taking the train back at around 06:20 pm from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco.
• Distance travelled: Approximately 9 kilometres / 6.1 miles
• Optional Activity: Visit Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
• Walking distance: 1:30 min from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
• Bus to Machu Picchu: 25 minutes from Aguas Calientes
• Transfer to Cusco: 3 hours by train and bus from Aguas Calientes
• Guided tour to Machu Picchu: 2 hours
• Climate: tropical hot.
• Maximum altitude: 2490 m.a.s.l.
• Minimum altitude: 2050 m.a.s.l.
- Briefing a day before the tour starts
- Hotel/hostel pickup (It is not allowed Airbnb)
- Sacred Valley tour (tourist bus and guide)
- Roundtrip train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes (Expedition/voyager class)
- Roundtrip transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- Hostel night in Aguas Calientes ( shared room)
- Breakfast at the hostel
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Professional guide (Spanish / English)
- Cusco tourist ticket (70 soles / $20 approx.)
- Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu roundtrip bus (24 USD)
- Food and drinks
- All services available as extras
- Mountain of Huayna Picchu (additional area) ( if you want to add this please send us an email BEFORE YOU BOOK)
- Mountain of Machu Picchu (additional area) ( if you want to add this please send us an email BEFORE YOU BOOK)
Aguas Calientes is 1000 meters lower than Cusco, and the weather varies depending on the time of year, especially during the rainy season (December - March). As it is a variable climate we recommend to take:
- Insect repellent
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable footwear (if possible waterproof sneakers)
- Refillable water bottle
- Sandals or flip flops
- Personal hygiene products and medications
- Medication to avoid altitude sickness (in case you consider it necessary)
- Luggage Transport Conditions (by train): the luggage allowed must not exceed 5kg/11 lb and maximum measurements of 62 linear in/ 157 linear cm (height + length + width).
Cancellation or changes to this tour:
CHANGES: Any changes to the tour date needs to be done before 6:00 pm (Lima time) 30 days before the tour begins and will also receive a 60% administration fee. After this time there is a 100% change fee. Subject to availability.
NO SHOWS & CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 30 days prior to the tour before 6:00 pm (Lima time), a 60% administration fee will apply. After this time there is a 100% no-show or cancellation fee.
For cancellations or changes to your tour please email email@example.com
I cannot find my accommodation listed in the operator pick up locations when making my booking. What should I select?
This operator only offers pick-ups from the hotel and hostel accommodation listed, this covers over 90% of the accommodation providers in the area. They do not provide pick-ups or drop-offs at private residences, Airbnb, bus terminals etc. Select an alternative close by and be ready there for pick-up at the time on your booking confirmation.
How much is the tourist ticket?
There are 2 types of tourist ticket: - General tourist ticket, which has a cost of 130.00 soles and includes 16 attractions. Among them are Attractions of the city tour, the Sacred Valley, Maras - Moray, and some museums. - Partial tourist ticket, which has a cost of 70.00 soles, and includes only certain attractions depending on the tour that takes place: City Tour, Sacred Valley, and Maras - Moray.
Will I have problems with altitude sickness on this tour?
Altitude sickness can catch many travellers a little bit off guard. Not everyone gets sick in high altitudes, and it is difficult to predict who is likely to be badly affected by it. For most people, it is nothing more than a headache and a dizzy sensation that diminishes over a short period of time, 1 to 2 days for most people. If you want to limit your chances of getting sick, there are a few things you can do. Firstly, do not fly directly into high altitude - proceed slowly, allowing your body time to acclimatise as you ascend gradually. However, for many that is not possible, so it’s important to drink lots of water, and to slow down! This sounds simple, but both of these things are very important. Your body is struggling because you don’t have enough oxygen, so avoiding any strenuous activity is a good idea. Chew some coca leaves - the native people of South America have been chewing coca for centuries, thanks to its ability to alleviate mild altitude sickness symptoms. Coca leaves can be bought in any supermarket, and even souvenir shops or street stalls. Take altitude sickness pills (Soroche): these are sold over the counter all over Peru and Bolivia, and are just a few dollars. If you are flying straight into altitude over 2500meters without spending any time at an intermediate elevation, and you’re worried about getting sick, you can ask your doctor for more specific and stronger altitude sickness medication in advance. In the rare case that your symptoms are more severe than a headache and mild dizziness, you should descend in altitude and seek medical assistance.
Why book with FindLocalTrips.com?
Apart from our low-price guarantee, with us, you are 100% assured that your booking is made. We provide an instant email confirmation and have live spaces and availability for each tour. If you have any queries, you are in the hands of our team of 20 local experts here on the ground, who speak perfect Spanish and English. We guarantee quick responses to any questions or queries. Tour operators are experts at operating their tours... We are the experts at reservations, organisation and assistance with your plans for these tours.