Discover one of the 7 Wonders of the World with a top-rated operator
Unique experience to the Incan Empire
Spend the day exploring the Sacred Valley
This Sacred Valley with Machu Picchu 2 day / 1 night tour is one of the most popular activities for those people who want to learn about the Inca Empire and it's sites as much as they can. Spend the last day of the tour visiting the famous Machu Picchu Citadel, made with incredible detail and intelligence, for having been built in a difficult, rugged and inaccessible terrain.
All year round
Cusco hotel and hostel pick-up
San Francisco Square
SHARED TOUR / 20 PERSONS
Day1: Cusco – Pisac – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
The transfer will pick you up from your hotel at 8.00am 08:30 am, and after continue until to arrive in the village of Pisac, where we will visit the archaeological centre, and the traditional market and you can buy some local souvenirs. Then we will continue on to Urubamba where we stop for you to have lunch, for then continue to Ollantaytambo, where we will again discover the magnificence of the Incan constructions and the beauty of the local people in their traditional dress. And finally, go to the train station and take the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes. In 1 hour 50 minutes, you will be arriving in Aguas Calientes, where one person will be waiting for you and conduce to the hostel.
• Distance traveled: Approximately 128 kilometers
• Transfer from Cusco: (Pisac) 32 kilometers, (Ollantaytambo) 97 kilometers, (Aguas Calientes) 31 kilometers
• Guided visit to Sacred Valley: 2.5 hours
• Distance traveled by train: Approximately 2 hours from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
• Accommodation: 1 Night in Hotel with private bathroom and hot water
• Optional Activity: Hot Springs of Aguas Calientes
• Climate: Tropical hot
• Maximum altitude: 3,250 m.a.s.l.
• Minimum altitude: 2,700 m.a.s.l.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco city
Early in the morning you will start to walk from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, Once in Machu Picchu our guide will give a guided tour around the Machu Picchu for two hours, You will see the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters etc. after the tour you will have some free time to explore, take pictures, or just walk around the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. Finally you need to walk back to Aguas Calientes town for take the train back at around 06:20 pm or 21:50 pm from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco.
• Distance travelled: Approximately 9 kilometres / 6.1 miles
• Optional Activity: Visit Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
• Walking distance: 1:30 min from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
• Bus to Machu Picchu: 25 minutes from Aguas Calientes
• Transfer to Cusco: 3 hours by train and bus from Aguas Calientes
• Guided tour to Machu Picchu: 2.5 hours
• Climate: tropical hot.
• Maximum altitude: 2490 m.a.s.l.
• Minimum altitude: 2050 m.a.s.l.
- Briefing a day before the tour starts
- Hotel pickup/drop off (It is not allowed Airbnb)
- Sacred Valley tour (tourist bus and guide)
- Roundtrip train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes (Expedition/voyager class)
- Roundtrip transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- Hostel night in Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast at the hostel
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Professional guide (Spanish / English)
- Cusco tourist ticket (70 soles / $20 approx.)
- Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu roundtrip bus (24 USD)
- Food in Urubamba
- Dinner on the first day
- Lunch on the second day
- All services available as extras
- Mountain of Huayna Picchu (additional area) - 20$ ( if you want to add this please send us an email as soon as you've booked)
- Mountain of Machu Picchu (additional area) - 20$ ( if you want to add this please send us an email as soon as you've booked)
Aguas Calientes is 1000 meters lower than Cusco, and the weather varies depending on the time of year, especially during the rainy season (December - March). As it is a variable climate we recommend to take:
- Insect repellent
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable footwear (if possible waterproof sneakers)
- Refillable water bottle
- Sandals or flip flops
- Personal hygiene products and medications
- Medication to avoid altitude sickness (in case you consider it necessary)
Cancellation or changes to this tour:
CHANGES: Any changes to the tour date needs to be done before 6:00 pm (Lima time) 30 days before the tour begins and will also receive a 60% administration fee. After this time there is a 100% change fee. Subject to availability.
NO SHOWS & CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 30 days prior to the tour before 6:00 pm (Lima time), a 60% administration fee will apply. After this time there is a 100% no-show or cancellation fee.
For cancellations or changes to your tour please email email@example.com
I cannot find my accommodation listed in the operator pick up locations when making my booking. What should I select?
This operator only offers pick-ups from the hotel and hostel accommodation listed, this covers over 90% of the accommodation providers in the area. They do not provide pick-ups or drop-offs at private residences, Airbnb, bus terminals etc. Select an alternative close by and be ready there for pick-up at the time on your booking confirmation.
How much is the tourist ticket?
There are 2 types of tourist ticket: - General tourist ticket, which has a cost of 130.00 soles and includes 16 attractions. Among them are Attractions of the city tour, the Sacred Valley, Maras - Moray, and some museums. - Partial tourist ticket, which has a cost of 70.00 soles, and includes only certain attractions depending on the tour that takes place: City Tour, Sacred Valley, and Maras - Moray.
How do I avoid altitude sickness?
Take Soroche (Diamox) pills, eat small meals, drink coca tea, drink lots of water, and avoid alcohol (it’s a dehydrator). The best way to avoid altitude sickness is to acclimatize yourself. The recommended approach for acclimatization is to ascend gradually, spending at least 24 hours at every 2,000ft increase in altitude.
Is the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu worth it?
The walk up to Machu Picchu can be seen as part of the experience. However, the bus is an option for those who are tired after a long trek, or who just want to save their energy for all the walking at the top.
Where is Huayna (Wayna) Picchu?
Huayna Picchu Mountain is the peak located to the north of Machu Picchu citadel. It is the backdrop to the classic image of Machu Picchu. The peak offers inspiring views of the ruins and 360° views of the area. The climb to the summit takes 45 minutes, it is a challenging trek and is very steep in parts. Limited to 400 a day, tickets must be purchased as a combo ticket at the same time as your entrance to Machu Picchu. This ticket cannot be purchased separately and is always in high demand. It costs approximately $20 extra.
What is Machu Picchu Mountain?
Machu Picchu Mountain is the peak located to the south-west of Machu Picchu citadel. The trek offers unparalleled sights of the ruins and panoramic views of the surrounding scenery. The trek is wide and well-marked. It is a moderate/challenging trek and takes 90 minutes to ascend. Limited to 800 a day, tickets must be purchased as a combo ticket at the same time as your entrance to Machu Picchu. This ticket cannot be purchased separately. It costs around $20 extra.
Why book with FindLocalTrips.com?
Apart from our low price guarantee, with us you can be 100% assured that your booking is made. We provide instant email confirmation and have live spaces and availability for each tour. You are in the capable hands of our team here on the ground of 20 local experts who speak perfect Spanish and English, always ready with a quick response to any and all questions you might have. Tour operators are experts at operating their tours...we are the experts at reservations, organisation and assistance with your plans for these tours.