Over 150 top-rated reviews for this tour!
More time with your guide on Machu Picchu (2.5 instead of usual 2 hours)
Avoid large touristy groups as we leave earlier and enter as one of the first in Pisac
The top combination to enjoy the best of Cusco. Make sure that your most important moment in Peru becomes the best possible. We, as travelers, know and care about that, be in the best hands possible, enjoying unforgettable moments in the Valley and Machu Picchu.
All year round
Cusco hotel or hostel pickup
Cusco hotel or hostel drop-off
10 people maximum
This Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu tour is one of the best ones you can do in Cusco as it combines some of the most remarkable places in all of Peru.
06:30-07:00: Pick-up at your hotel in Cusco. Please be ready at the reception from 6.30 am.
07:30: Sacred Valley viewpoint
10:45: Visit of the Salt Mines of Maras (we'll only go to the viewpoint, it's forbidden to enter the salt mines)
12:30: Visit of Moray
13:30: Lunch in Urubamba
17:30: Drop-off at the main square in Ollantaytambo (optional)
19:00: Take train to Aguas Calientes (in case you book your hotel with us, we make sure you'll get picked up at the train station, after your arrival)
In the evening we’ll digitally introduce your certified guide and share last details on the next morning (apart, you’ll already receive all tickets in <1 week after your online reservation).
In the morning you’ll be picked up by our team and meet up with the other travelers of this small group (2- 10 travelers).
The minibus takes us to the Machu Picchu entrance and we’re about to start the guided tour, your discovery of this incredible place, for around 2.5 hours*.
Finish the fascinating tour with your certified guide, the Machu Picchu circuit is a one-way circuit with no possibility to head back, only forward until the exit. Security guards make sure there’s no heading back.
The minibus takes you back to the village and you’re able to enjoy lunch (we will recommend delicious and good price restaurants to avoid tourist traps) and some free time before you take the train back to Cusco.
The train leaves Aguas Calientes either at 5:23 pm or 6:20 pm.** From there you’ll be back in Cusco between 8-10 pm approx.
Our driver awaits you outside of the train station after you’ve arrived. From here he’ll bring you safely back to your hotel/hostel in Cusco, filled with unforgettable memories.
**The train times depend on availability. In case both times are sold out or more expensive (especially for last-minute reservations within <2 weeks before), we’ll coordinate the next train time available.
Note: All times are approximations.
DAY 1: 06:30 - 07:00
Pickup at your hotel in Cusco
DAY 1: 07:30 - 12:30
Visit Sacred Valley, Piscac and Salt Mines of Maras, Moray
DAY 1: 13:30 - 14:15
Lunch in Urubamba
DAY 1: 15:00 - 18:30
Arrive to Ollantaytambo
DAY 1: 19:04
Train Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
DAY 2: Before 5:30
Hotel pickup by guide
DAY 2: 07:30 - 09:30
Guided Machu Picchu tour
DAY 2: 09:40 - 14:00
Take minibus back to Aguas Calientes and free time to have lunch
DAY 2 Depending on the return train
Return to Cusco and drop-off at Hotel
All times are approximations
- Private transport with pickup from your hotel in Cusco (and drop-off in case of no stay in Aguas Calientes taking the night train nor Ollantaytambo taking the first train in the morning)
- Lunch buffet (vegetarian and vegan food options available) in delicious restaurant In Urubamba for small groups and with llamas outside
- Drop-off at Ollantaytambo train station (in case of staying there or in Aguas Calientes)
- Small personalized group tour of 2-10 people
- Visit Pisac, Maras, Moray, and Ollantaytambo
- 1 night in Aguas Calientes (Gringo Bill´s or similar options - double, twin or triple)
- Fluent English speaking and passionate local guide (bilingual)
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (the train schedule depends on the availability)
- Small-group Machu Picchu tour with Exploor guide of max. 10 travelers
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Minibusses Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Aguas Calientes and/or Cusco*
- Professional English-speaking guide specialized on Machu Picchu tours (only English)
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (17:23 hr or 18:20 hr - the train schedule depends on the availability)
- Tips for the guide
- Entrances to sites: 70 soles for tourist ticket and 10 soles for Maras entrance (both can be bought on the same day)
- Entrance to the Mountain of Machupicchu - Extra 20$ ( if you want to add this, you need to inform us before booking the tour. Please consult by email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Entrance to the Huaynapicchu Mountain - Extra 20$ ( if you want to add this, you need to inform us before booking the tour. Please consult by email email@example.com)
- Tips for guide
With respect to Entrance to the Sacred Valley, there are two types, the General and the Partial. The difference is that the general ticket is S/. 130.00 soles and you can visit 14 places between Cusco the Sacred Valley and the South Valley, on the other hand the Partial is S/. 70.00 soles only allows you to visit 4 places either in Cusco or the Sacred Valley.
Please note that these prices may vary if you decide to take part in any of these extra activities after the tour starts. We recommend booking prior to the departure of your tour to avoid the possibility of paying increased prices for these activities.
- Original passport - IMPORTANT!
- Bring light shoes
- Adequate clothing (light outfit like trekking pants and shirt as well as pullover)
- Luggage Transport Conditions (by train): the luggage allowed must not exceed 5kg/11 lb and maximum measurements of 62 linear in/ 157 linear cm (height + length + width).
- Sufficient water
- Insect repellent
Cancellation or changes to this tour:
CHANGES: There are no changes to this tour allowed. Changes of date, names, times are not permitted under any circumstances. Please refer to the cancellation policy and re-book this tour should you require a change.
NO SHOWS & CANCELLATIONS: There is no refund.
You must email firstname.lastname@example.org (include the name of the tour and the reservation number) to cancel this tour.
I cannot find my accommodation listed in the operator pick up locations when making my booking. What should I select?
This operator only offers pick-ups from the hotel and hostel accommodation listed, this covers over 90% of the accommodation providers in the area. They do not provide pick-ups or drop-offs at private residences, Airbnbs, bus terminals etc. Select an alternative close by and be ready there for pick-up at the time on your booking confirmation.
How much is the tourist ticket?
There are 2 types of tourist ticket: - General tourist ticket, which has a cost of 130.00 soles and includes 16 attractions. Among them are: Attractions of the city tour, the Sacred Valley, Maras - Moray, and some museums. - Partial tourist ticket, which has a cost of 70.00 soles, and includes only certain attractions depending on the tour that takes place: City Tour, Sacred Valley, and Maras - Moray.
How do I avoid altitude sickness?
Take Soroche (Diamox) pills, eat small meals, drink coca tea, drink lots of water, and avoid alcohol (it’s a dehydrator). The best way to avoid altitude sickness is to acclimatize yourself. The recommended approach for acclimatization is to ascend gradually, spending at least 24 hours at every 2,000ft increase in altitude.
Why book with FindLocalTrips.com?
Apart from our low price guarantee, with us you can be 100% assured that your booking is made. We provide instant email confirmation and have live spaces and availability for each tour. You are in the capable hands of our team here on the ground of 20 local experts who speak perfect Spanish and English, always ready with a quick response to any and all questions you might have. Tour operators are experts at operating their tours...we are the experts at reservations, organisation and assistance with your plans for these tours.